Law Schools Searching for Environmental Faculty
[Updated 8/26] I’ve been assembling a preliminary list of faculty searches. I’ll update and correct the list periodically.
- FSU is looking to hire an environmental/natural resources person. We are looking for either entry or lateral. Contact person, Jeff Kahn [email protected] )
- Hebrew University Faculty of Law. Lecturer in Environmental Law, preferably Israel Environmental Law. Contact: Richard Laster. [email protected]
- Pepperdine is interested in entry level or lateral applicants to teach environmental courses. Contact Shelley Saxer, [email protected]
- Texas Tech. Of interest to the list would be Environmental Law, Alternative Energy Law, Agriculture Law. Contact: John Watts, [email protected].
- Georgia State University College of Law is searching for a tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor specializing in urban land use law and environmental law to begin in fall 2013. Contact: Professor Julian Juergensmeyer, [email protected].
- Southern Illinois University School of Law is looking for a tenure-track or tenured faculty member to teach natural resources, water law, energy and/or agricultural law. Contact: Patty Lynn, Assistant to the Dean, [email protected].
- The University of Colorado Law School is seeking to fill one or two faculty positions in environmental, natural resources, and/or energy law. Entry level as well as lateral candidates. Also looking to fill curricular and research needs in property, land use, and real estate transactions Sarah Krakoff, (303) 492-2641 [email protected]
- UC Davis. Environmental law. Contact address: [email protected]. Inquires about possible visiting positions should be submitted separately to Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Vikram Amar, at [email protected].
- University of Dundee in Scotland is currently advertising for a chair in environmental law, with a closing date of 14 September. The candidate will work at the interface between the School of Law and the Graduate School of Natural Resources Law, Policy and Management. Contact: Colin Reid, [email protected]
- University of Georgia. Environmental law is one area of particular interest. Search committee chair is Randy Beck, [email protected].
- The University of Minnesota Law School is searching for a senior chaired, tenured appointment in the field of Law, Science & Technology (broadly defined); areas of particular interest include environmental and energy law, as well as others. Contact: Meghan Laffen, Administrative Assistant to the Appointments Committee, at 612-624-6070 or [email protected]
- University of Montana School of Law is searching: Tenure Track Faculty: Environmental/Natural Resources (Assistant or Associate Professor). Application review will begin September 15, 2012. Job post is here.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Law anticipates particular needs in Energy, Ocean/Coastal Law, Property, and Tax, but all subject matter areas will be considered. Beginning and experienced teachers may apply. Contact; Ms. Alice Girod, Faculty Appointments Committee Assistant –by phone: 919-962-0357 or –by email: [email protected]
- The University of Oklahoma College of Law is looking to hire up to two faculty members (entry level or junior lateral) in the fields of energy law, agricultural law, and water law (but not environmental law as such). Applications should be sent to: Dawn Tomlins,Secretary to the FAC,OU College of Law,300 Timberdell Road,Norman, OK 73019.
- Vermont Law School seeks a faculty member to serve as Associate Dean for Environmental Programs. Applicants should provide a cover letter and resume by October 1, 2012. Electronic applications are preferred and should be e-mailed to: [email protected].
Dan Farber has written and taught on environmental and constitutional law as well as about contracts, jurisprudence and legislation. Currently at Berkeley Law, he has al…READ more