International Conference On Electric Vehicles & Urban Residents
Register Today For UC Berkeley Law Event On June 4th & 5th, Co-Organized By University of Paris
Policy makers and industry leaders have a tough challenge making electric vehicles accessible for the world’s urban residents. Many apartment dwellers lack access to dedicated spots with electricity to charge the vehicles, while other city residents may need access to shared EVs to get around city streets. Unless EV leaders can solve these challenges, global deployment of this vital clean technology will be limited.
To discuss these issues and solutions from around the globe, please join us on Tuesday, June 4th and Wednesday, June 5th, as Berkeley Law’s Center for Law, Energy and the Environment (CLEE) partners with the University of Paris for an international conference on urban EV deployment, with a focus on policies and perspectives from California and France.
“Electric Vehicles and Global Urban Adoption“ will feature top officials from the Newsom Administration and other electric vehicle industry experts, including:
- Jamie Hall, Manager of Public Policy, General Motors
- Dominique Lagarde, Director of Electric Mobility, Enedis (France’s largest Distribution System Operator)
- John McGinty, Senior Business Development Associate, Uber
- Patty Monahan, Commissioner, California Energy Commission
- Carla Peterman, Former Commissioner, California Public Utilities Commission
- Debbie Raphael, Director of the Department of Environment, City of San Francisco
- Alice Reynolds, Senior Advisor for Energy, Office of Governor Gavin Newsom
The event will also feature a pre-conference tour of the Tesla factory in Fremont, California (space is limited to early registrants only) and a guided tour of an innovative, micro-grid ready EV charging facility in Downtown Berkeley.
Register on-line (admission is $20, which includes breakfast and lunch both days) and view the full agenda. The event will take place at the Bancroft Hotel, across from Berkeley Law. Nine hours of MCLE credit is available for attorneys. Hope to see you there!
Ethan Elkind is the Director of the Climate Change and Business Program, with a joint appointment at UC Berkeley School of Law and UCLA School of Law. In this capacity, h…READ more