Ten of the Top Environmental Stories of 2011
- Nuclear reactor meltdown in Japan.
- EPA issues new rules limiting mercury emissions by power plants.
- Durban climate summit produces modest progress, as developing countries begin to acknowledge the need for binding limits on their carbon emissions.
- White House kills scheduled new regulations of ozone.
- California adopts cap-and-trade system under AB 32.
- White House announces stringent new fuel efficiency standards for cars and trucks.
- GOP Presidential candidates embrace anti-science, anti-regulatory positions.
- House of Representatives passes a slew of anti-environmental bills and riders, which with few exceptions die in the Senate.
- Australia adopts a carbon tax.
- IPCC report links climate change and extreme weather.
Dan Farber has written and taught on environmental and constitutional law as well as about contracts, jurisprudence and legislation. Currently at Berkeley Law, he has al…READ more